Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of the Precision1 Sweepstakes
PRECISION1® CONTACT LENSES 2020 SWEEPSTAKES
Alcon Vision, LLC
PRECISION1® CONTACT LENSES 2020 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT, OF ANY KIND, IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Alcon Vision, LLC’s (“Sponsor”) PRECISION1® Contact Lenses 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who, as of the start of the Entry Period, are (a) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam); and (b) eighteen (18) years of age or older and at least the legal age of majority in the entrant’s jurisdiction. Owners, employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Prize Logic LLC (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and of any prize providers, promotional partners, agencies and suppliers that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and their respective spouses) and household members of each such person (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize until (a) entrant’s eligibility as to the Sweepstakes has been verified, (b) entrant has been notified that verification is complete, (c) entrant has completed and submitted all required information and forms (including an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, if required) and (d) entrant has otherwise fully complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
2. ENTRY PERIOD. 2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on August 20, 2020, at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on October 14, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
There will be four (4) drawings during the Entry Period. The entry deadline for the drawing at the end of Week 2 is Wednesday, September 2 at 11:59:59 EST. The entry deadline for the drawing at the end of Week 4 is Wednesday September 16 at 11:59:59 PM EST. The entry deadline for the drawing at the end of Week 6 is Wednesday September 30 at 11:59:59 PM EST. The entry deadline for the end of Week 8 is the end of the Entry Period (Wednesday, October 14 at 11:59:59 EST). Once entered, eligible entries will be included in each drawing with an entry deadline after the date of entry. There is no need to reenter.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, you must, during the Entry Period:
1) Begin following, or already be following, @PRECISION1 on Instagram;
2) Complete the Lens Love quiz posted at TheLensLoveQuiz.com;
3) Share an image of your “Lens Love Style” (generated after completion of the quiz) on your Instagram profile encouraging friends to take the quiz. Tag @PRECISION1 and include the hashtags #PRECISION1 and #Sweepstakes in your shared post. (Please ensure that your Instagram account is set to “public” during the Entry Period.)
There is no charge to sign up for Instagram. If you do not have an Instagram account, follow the online instructions to register for a free Instagram account at www.instagram.com. To become a follower of @PRECISION1 on Instagram, visit https://instagram.com/precision1.
All Entry information shall be referred to herein as the “Entries” or each as an “Entry.”
· be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
· promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, marijuana, edibles, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous (including improper use of contact lenses), or any particular political agenda or message;
· be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
· defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
· communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
· depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law;
· include any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, or infringing on the rights of third parties, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; or
· contain any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses, but must include only an image of you and no other individual.
In the event of a dispute as to an entrant’s entry, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. Proof of posting of the Entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of Entry into this Sweepstakes. If your Instagram account is set to “private,” your entry may not be visible and thus may not be received by the Sponsor. Your Instagram account must be set to “public” in order to be trackable.
Standard data charges may apply if participating via your mobile device. If you opt to access or enter the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
4. ENTRY LIMIT; ODDS; DEFECTS. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of the number of Instagram accounts entrant holds. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Odds of winning a prize in each drawing depend on the number of Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules for that drawing.
Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations, or other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for (1) any human or mechanical errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, computer, online, telephone, cable, satellite, technical or mechanical malfunctions, viruses, worms, or delays of any kind that occur in the transmission, communication, or processing of entries, or inaccurate transcription of entry information; (2) undelivered, late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, invalid, void, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (3) errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements, or other materials; (4) failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or (5) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
5. PRIZES. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the following prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes:
Week 2 Prize: (1) winner will receive a three-month supply of PRECISION1® lenses and a $250 pre-paid VISA card to help cover the cost of an eye exam/lens fitting; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $410
Week 4 Prizes: (2) winners will each receive a three-month supply of PRECISION1® lenses and a $250 pre-paid VISA card to help cover the cost of an eye exam/lens fitting; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $410
Week 6 Prizes: (2) winners will each receive a six-month supply of PRECISION1® lenses and a $250 pre-paid VISA card to help cover the cost of an eye exam/lens fitting; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $570
Week 8 – Grand Prize: (1) winner will each receive a one year supply of PRECISION1® lenses and a $250 pre-paid VISA card to help cover the cost of an eye exam/lens fitting; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $890
Total ARV of prizes: $3260
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for the prize, and must be accepted as awarded, except that the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute any portion or all of a prize, with a prize of comparable value or cash. Any portion of any prize not accepted or used by any winner will be forfeited. Months’ supply based on daily use. Winners are responsible for providing proper prescription from a licensed optometrist to receive contact lenses. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. After the conclusion of each of Weeks 2,4,6 and 8 of the Sweepstakes, the potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period through the end of the designated week. Winners of any prizes from previous drawings in the Sweepstakes are NOT eligible to win any prizes in any future drawings in the Sweepstakes. The potential prize winner will be notified via Instagram direct message. Sponsor reserves the right to select or disqualify any entries as it deems appropriate, at its sole discretion. Sponsors’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential prize winner does not respond to the notification within three (3) business days of the initial attempt, such non-response will result in forfeiture of prize and selection of an alternate winner. Each winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to provide to Sponsor a valid email address and physical mailing address (not a P.O. Box) within the time stated in the notification. Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, also be required to complete and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. For prizes valued of at least USD$600.00, prize winner must provide his/her Social Security number to Sponsor and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, or unable to accept the prize as stated, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion in his/her place by random drawing from among the remaining eligible Entries received.
All expenses incurred in association with acceptance or use of any prize or prize component that are not specifically provided for herein, are solely the responsibility of the applicable prize winner.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS; PUBLICITY. By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants and assigns to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, promotion partners (such as marketing agencies and influencers), and licensees (“Sweepstakes Entities”), an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right, and all title and interest in and to the Entry, including, without limitation, any photograph or text that is a part of the Entry, whereby any of the Sweepstakes Entities may reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry, or parts/excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, any social media site, and/or other Sponsor-selected media). Entrant hereby disclaims any rights, including any copyright or other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry following the assignment contemplated in this section. The Entry further constitutes entrant’s irrevocable permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Entry (in its original or edited form), entrant’s name, account handle, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and Sweepstakes), without further compensation, notice, review or consent, unless and to the extent prohibited by law. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to all Entries and all other submitted materials related to the Sweepstakes, including those submitted by non-winners and winners. YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FOR YOUR ENTRY or for granting any of these rights. You agree to waive all claims to and shall receive no royalties of any kind now or in the future from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its licensees, successors and assigns for use of your Entry or otherwise, and you represent, warrant and agree that no other party is entitled to claim royalties from the use of the Entry and that your Entry is not subject to any collective bargaining agreements.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ENTRANT’S NAME, HANDLE, AND ANY CONTENT INCLUDED IN HIS/HER ENTRY, INCLUDING THEIR ENTRY IMAGE, MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT FOREVER, FULLY AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, INSTAGRAM, OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, PRIZE PARTNERS, AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVANTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES, AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND (“LOSSES”) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATION AND PROCESS, THE ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL LOSSES BASED ON ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS OR DEATH, AND FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LIABILITY BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITIONS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Entrant is responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors, which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) any injury or damage to persons or property arising from or related to the eye exam, including the actions or inactions of any eye doctor; or (g) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process, or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes website or application or the Sweepstakes itself by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program, or method.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
11. DISPUTES. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Tarrant County, Texas; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue to said courts in the State of Texas for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS. The name of the winners will be posted for thirty (30) days on www.instagram.com/Precision1 within approximately five (5) business days of the close of the Sweepstakes. To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope to “PRECISION1® Contact Lenses 2020 Sweepstakes – Winner’s Name Request,” c/o Prize Logic, 25200 Telegraph Rd, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033. The Official Rules are available at https://precision.myalcon.com/contact-lenses/precision/sweepstakes or by sending a self-addressed envelope to “PRECISION1® Contact Lenses 2020 Sweepstakes – Official Rules Request” c/o Prize Logic, 25200 Telegraph Rd, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033. Winner’s name and Official Rules requests must be postmarked within six (6) months after the grand prize winner is announced.
13. ADMINISTRATOR. Prize Logic, 25200 Telegraph Rd, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033
14. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Alcon Vision LLC, 6201 South Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76134. However, all requests relating to the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Administrator.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Administrator and not to Instagram.